Wednesday, June 4, 2008

"Judge the day not by the harvest we reap, but by the seeds we plant"






Here are a few more photos from my busy, busy week. After attending the NLCP Advocacy Summit and the Governor's office, I traveled up to Gary, IN to sing the National Anthem at the Gary RailCats baseball game, Gary vs. Fargo. What fun! Then onward to Hammond, IN, where I sang and spoke at the Sisters in Song Charity on May 31st. I met so many wonderful women, many touched by Lung Cancer. I was able to share my message, and my mom's story. I spoke for those who can't, for those whose lives have been taken prematurely by cancer. I dedicated the song, "My Tribute" to the men and women who have died fighting lung cancer, to my mom and dad, and to those fighting for LIFE, funding, research and treatment! Believe that it will happen, believe that the seeds we plant today will result in bountiful harvest tomorrow, believe in HOPE.

No comments: