Monday, July 28, 2008

A time for reflection...

I have been through a lot as of late. I competed at Mrs. International July 17-19, and I did NOT give my very best. Before I left for the national pageant, not only did my custom Sherri Hill gown not come in - stuck in customs (which is the single most stressful thing to happen before a pageant), my hair and makeup person cancelled on me last minute! But I am a strong woman, so I got a gown at the last minute, a hair and makeup person at the last minute, and hoped I would still be able to do my best....well...
I am sharing this with each of you because of the real need to reach out. My father-in-law was diagnosed with Pancreatic Cancer about 1 month before the pageant. He was given 4-6 months to live. My dear husband, Tony, is in England now, taking care of his dad; he left as soon as he heard. I am visiting next week for 10 days, and my son, Cameron, is staying a month there...as it may be the last time we see Grandpa Jack. My family has been struck by cancer so much - my mom, my aunt, my great uncle, my husband's grandma and now his dad.
These experiences have left me...sad....questioning life, and my purpose in this life. My blog is a tribute to my mom and dad, but I also want to reach out to each of you to pray for my husband's family, for my family, for all that suffer from cancer. Be thankful for health, love, and each other.
God Bless,
Janice

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janice, I just read your entry about Tony's Dad and the sad news about his diagnosis. I am so sorry. Please know that I will be praying for healing, strength, and comfort for him, you, Tony, and Cameron. Keep me posted.

Love,
Donna

Janet Smith said...

Janice,
I am praying for your family. Thank you for sharing your true feelings and thoughts in your blog. That is exactly what I try and do. I thought you looked beautiful at the pageant and never realized your dress was not the "one" you really wanted to be wearing. Please keep us posted about your family. Wishing you hope and the best,
Janet