Saturday, March 1, 2008

My new Clay Spann photo!!!...and a perspective on the Dr. Phil Show


Well my official Clay Spann photo is here and posted on the Mrs. International Website! I am so happy with the result. I wish I could do my makeup this well - Clay is a genius. Thanks Clay for making me feel beautiful!
Did anyone catch the Dr. Phil show last Thursday? I am embarrassed for the pageant industry and outraged at the portrayal of married pageant women. I can't speak for everyone, but I can speak for myself in that I started in pageants at 17 as an outlet to perform and earn scholarships. I won my first pageant, then went to Miss NC, then after I gave up my local title, went to college, then...living life kicked in and the next thing I knew, I had aged out of the Miss America system and was married and expecting my son, Cameron. I entered Mrs. Pageants to continue my love of performing, speaking, and working to be the best person I could possibly be. Three of my four best friends are pageant women...2 of which I met because of pageants. THAT in itself is worth more than anything and I cannot begin to put a price tag on it! My life is richer because of my friends and my involvement with pageantry...what about you?

No comments: