Saturday, December 15, 2007

Catching up!

Sorry it has been SO long since my last entry! I have been busy with everyday life. My son, Cameron was sick, then I was sick. Now we are Holiday busy! I love this time of year, but I miss the years when Cameron was young and Christmas was such a joyous wonder and I could see Xmas through his eyes. This time of year is tough for me. I miss my mom and dad. Somehow, Christmas is different when you grow up and REALLY different when your parents are gone. I lost them so suddenly and I wasn't ready to say goodbye. I wonder how young children deal with the loss of a parent. I was an adult with a young child and I had a tough time. I can only imagine the difficulties facing a young adult or child after losing a parent. I just found out about a local organization, Walk with Sally that helps children cope with the loss or with the sickness of a parent with cancer. I know how tough it is and how much you need others at a time like that. I hope that I can help the organization as a volunteer/mentor for a child. I know it helps me too. You never completely heal. I look forward to just listening, taking a kid to shop or fish or bowl or just watch a movie.
Anyway, NEW subject! I just signed with a Talent Manager, and she has been so great. The life of an actor is a weird one - just imagine constant interviewing as your job! And being a different person each time. It's fun and frustrating at the same time, that's what auditioning is like. You spend most of your time studying and auditioning. When you do book a job, it feels just like winning a pageant and having that crown placed on your head! Truly! I have had some great opportunities as of late, so fingers crossed. My goal is to have more of those moments. 2008 is MY YEAR!!!

No comments: