Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas from the Ward Family


Merry Christmas from Janice, Tony and Cameron. I played Flute in Church last night for the Candlelight Service at 11pm. My son, Cameron was an Acolyte for the service as well. It is so nice to be with our church family on Christmas Eve. This time of year is tough, as I really miss my mom and dad; but I am so thankful for having had them in my life and I am so thankful for Tony and Cameron and all of my wonderful friends! I am blessed. I see my mom and dad in my son's face, so I know that they are always with me and will live on through our memories and love.
On a lighter note, I am SO excited that there is movie about Alvin and the Chipmunks! When I was a little girl, it wasn't officially Christmas until I played my Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas record! I grew up in a home of wonderful music of old - Standards, Big Band, Classical Music, etc....so my exposure was to music of the past, the true greats! But Alvin was a chance for me to be a real kid and listen to silly music...I just loved it! But I was bit odd, as I also loved Cher and Vicki Lawrence (boy I am old!). I drive my husband and son crazy with my taste in music, as I still love the Standards, Jazz, Blues, Classical and the Oldies - what can I say, the apple doesn't fall very far from the tree, and my dad was a "Rat Pack" smooth crooner type from the 40's and 50's and he passed that love on to me! My mom was more of the classical influence, as she sang and played the piano. It was a nice eclectic mix that I cherish. I thank my husband for introducing alternative music to me - I may not enjoy it as much, but I love all music as it is the universal language that brings us all together.
Have a Merry Holiday Season. God Bless!

No comments: