Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year's Resolutions and saying goodbye to 2007

When I think back over the year 2007, I can honestly say it was a year of humility. I went through a lot this year, but each challenge was an opportunity to better myself and learn lessons I needed to learn. For the first time in a long time, I think I actually progressed and benefited from the "mistake" or missed opportunity. I became more in tune with myself, with what I truly want in life and what goals I need to focus on! I became more focused, more streamlined, more in tune with the Lord and what He wants me to do. I can't really explain it all, but I had to turn a lot over to Him. I know that in the past, I have been a bit self-serving, thinking of MY goals in MY timeframe, not His timeframe. I know now that I can't push; I have to work hard, but have more faith that things will happen. As an actress and as a pageant competitor, there is a lot of the same stress - the fear of failure.
The end of 2007 has been like taking the "lemons" of the year and making "lemonade". I have a new and terrific Manager for my acting career, I am so blessed to have the title of Mrs. Indiana International (and I know that was the title I was meant to have!), I have the love and support of friends, sponsors, and family, and I have a great job that allows me the freedom to work here and not have to travel too much! Gone is the worry that I had in 2007, and it is replaced with faith, hope, anticipation, goals, and a true desire to make a difference - not for a crown or acknowledgment, but for a bigger cause than me.
Happy New Year! God Bless!

No comments: