Monday, November 12, 2007

Free to Breathe Lung Cancer Walk








Yesterday, November 11th, I attended the Free to Breathe Lung Cancer Walk in Encino, CA. I had to be up and ready at 6am!!! so not much in the way of makeup, and I think I have on 3 layers of clothing! It was cold. I was one of the Speakers, speaking on behalf of Advocates in the USA. I shared the story of losing my mom and how awareness and treatments have changed over the past 11 years. Kathy Joosten of Deserate Housewives is a Lung Cancer Survivor and also spoke and shared her story.
I am on the planning committee for the Free to Breathe Walks, which is one of the fundraisers coordinated through National Lung Cancer Partnership. I am working to establish more throughout the country, but is takes time! If you are interested in getting an event in your state, please send a comment! Anything that can be done to raise awareness helps raise funding!
I am pictured with the Kathy Joosten in the 2 photo and in the last photo, this is the Planning Commitee, including Regina Vidaver, Executive Director and Kenda Schwarz, Director of Marketing and Outreach.

No comments: