Sunday, November 18, 2007

LUNGevity's LA Lung Walk 2007






My son, Cameron and I walked for Lung Cancer Awareness at the LUNGevity Lung Walk in Manhattan Beach, CA today. We joined "Team 4 1/2 Lungs", CA Lung Cancer Alliance Co-Chair Mike Stevens and the other CA advocates fighting lung cancer! I was honored to be part of such a passionate and determined group of people fighting for their life and the lives of others. Each of the 3 main members combined have only 4 1/2 lungs - hence the name - and they are each fighting to live (they never smoked, in case you are wondering!). WE were lucky enough to be able to tell our story to the media, so look for the link to the article soon. I am pictured here with my son, Cameron; Mike and me; Team 4 1/2 Lungs! The more events like this, the better the awareness and funding.

No comments: