Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Pageant Cast and more...


I was a guest of Tim and Pageant Cast today, November 6th! I know I had a lot to talk about (I just don't always know when to stop talking when I am excited about something!), and I devoted the talk to Lung Cancer Awareness Month. Having volunteered with many organizations, including ACS, Susan G. Komen, and AHA, it is great to work with an organization that is really focused on Lung Cancer. I am touched each day when I meet people that are struggling to survive cancer. I am amazed at their strength and positivity. I don't always stop and think about it. It's tough. I know it has been 11 years since I lost my mom and 9 since I lost my dad, but it still seems like yesterday. My heart is so full with love for these organizations and people; I cherish the opportunity to learn from their experiences.

A friend of mine sent me a book recently," Cure for the Common Life...Living in your Sweet Spot". I just started reading it, but it talks about the unique gifts we each bring to society. If I could wish for anything on this day and everyday is that each of us can live in our sweet spot! Be Unique!! Be yourself!

No comments: